Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Over Reacting?

http://chikaprincess.com/2010/12/plug-in-installations-prompts-mozilla.html
I completely forgot about the last post, so here it is.
In my opinion they are over reacting a little bit to the "trojan horse" idea of Google invasiveness. I definitely agree that they do some iffy things, but this really isn't that big of a deal. What bothers me more is sites like Facebook that track me to decide what to advertise me. I don't even have a sexual preference listed for many reasons yet they solicit me particular sexual preference sites. Seriously, Facebook, how do you know this kind of stuff about me? Either they're really intuitive or they're seriously stalking all of us in a majorly creepy way. (Not that there's an uncreepy way to stalk people.) The internet is completely eradicating our control over our choices and definitely our privacy. Does anyone else have any qualms with the new big web binoculars that seem to be watching our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment