Monday, November 15, 2010

The Beatles on ITunes!

I am a huge Beatles fan and I think it is exciting that they are going to make their music available on ITunes.  The most important implication is the new generation of listeners that will now be able to discover The Beatles.  But why did The Beatles hold out so long in the digital age?  I suppose I can not explain that but they have had a history of doing so.  They did not release their main body of work on CDs until 1987 when the industry had been using them for several years.  I guess it is just another case of the old resisting the new.  The lesson is no matter what it was beneficial for them to offer their music on ITunes.  This is just another step for the modernization of The Beatles who have remastered their CDs and of course have their own videogame, The Beatles Rock Band.  I guess even arguably the best band of all time has to update to the times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment