Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jake King

During our discussion on Monday, a question that was brought up was what tends to drive us nuts when searching online. For me, it is when I am searching for one small piece of information, whether it is a news story, what year something took place, or the 1969 New York Mets roster, and my search continues to take me to worthless link after worthless link after worthless link. We also talked about Wikipedia on Monday, which is a great tool in these types of situations. But as we have seen, it isn't 100% reliable. And so we I run into those rare times when I can clearly tell something isn't right in Wikipedia, I almost always have to put myself in link digging situations, like that Spanish guy in the Bing commercials. Even if all I want to know is who played quarterback for the New England Patriots in 1985, Ask.com will do the same thing and most of the time, WikiAnswers can't even answer the question. There are certain parts of the Internet that I love to death, but this adventure that I have to go through from time to time, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment