Monday, November 15, 2010

"The World Awaits..."

I recently read an article called "The World Awaits Yet Another Unforgettable Apple Announcement." Top among previous announcements are the iPad and a Verizon iPhone. Or, at least these are top according to the writer. I, on the other hand, am inclined to disagree. I do think the world awaits, but I don't think it awaits an Apple announcement. Fun as Apple's gadgets are, there are millions of people in this world without basic necessities, education, and health care. I was recently reading a book called "Half the Sky" about such cheery subjects as prostitution, sex slavery, rape, and maternal mortality. Problems that can be alleviated, at least in part, by international pressure (spearheaded by the media) and education. If Apple can design something that will help with those problems, then I have no doubt that the world will be pleased with such an unforgettable announcement. Until then, the world continues to await.

-Sam-

No comments:

Post a Comment