Friday, November 5, 2010

Technology for the Developing World.

I am pretty certain that the majority of us have grown up with technology. Whether it is a television, cell phone, laptop, PC, cordless phone, and now you could include all the new technology that I really have no idea about.
Although we have grown up and often times thrived in this technological world there are places in this world that have never seen a computer. I remember seeing a couple years ago (via television) about this organization that was willing to give computers to the people of the developing world. Follow the link to read the article I found on it. Unfortunately it is two years old so I'm wondering if this organization was actually successful in their attempts to take technology to the rest of the world. Something to look into for sure.

$12 Computer for Developing Countries


1 comment:

  1. This seems similar to the One Laptop Per Child initiative started 4 or so years ago my the MIT Media Lab. Progress has been slow but they are selling cheap and functional machines here and in the third world. http://laptop.org/en/index.shtml
    WN

    ReplyDelete