Monday, November 8, 2010

Waves of the Technology Tsunami

I hate blogging!! I get to the blog and have no clue what to write about that has any relevance or interest to someone, let alone myself...on top of that, my computer crashed and needs a new hard drive. It is practically impossible to do any assignment without the use of technology, specifically a computer or Internet. Everything assigned is required to be typed and usually posted to some forum online as well as having a hard copy. So now I am required to go to the library or a computer lab to do all of my homework that isn't just reading. Okay, I'm done with my rant and will now do my actual blog:

Have you seen those new commercials for Xbox Kinect? It is a new body-recognition system that allows its users to play video games simply by moving their body, just like the Wii except no controller is necessary. However, the system is having difficulty recognizing or picking up on faces with dark skin tones. So naturally, people are claiming this program to be RACIST?! This to me is an absurd accusation. Here is a link to an article investigating this debate:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6283514.html

Just because there is technological difficulties or a system has its kinks because it is new and needs more research and development does not mean its creators are racist! These problems will be identified and fixed in probably a short amount of time. People will find negativity in everything. This is a great advancement that will be fin, active, and bring families together. Sorry that it is not perfect right now, but hate speeches are truly unnecessary. I am also sorry I am in a ranting mood, but come on people!!!

-Lindsay Gross

 

No comments:

Post a Comment