Sunday, November 14, 2010

Technology Ideas!

The following video is a short snippet about some of the way that technology can be used in the classroom. This is always an issue that will sit close with me due to the fact that I am an elementary education major. I always want to include the most exciting and effective ways to teach my students and technology is going to do just that for me.

One technique that is mentioned in the video is taking pictures with a digital camera for an assignment. I am excited to say that I am teaching a lesson THIS WEEK using just this idea. While the video is filled with a young adult cast, I am trying this idea with a group of second graders. My group is going to be provided with digital cameras and taken outside to the playground at a local school. The students responsibility is to then take pictures of shapes that they see in nature and their surrounding environment. I am excited to see how this technology will enhance or even hinder my lesson plan. I am also excited to experiment with this technology. I'll keep ya posted on how the lesson goes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoIf55oyBoc


-Natalie Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment